Notice of 2017 Annual General Meeting
Notice is hereby given that the 2017 Annual General Meeting
of the North Fraser Therapeutic Riding Association
will be held at the NFTRA Office
at 13345 Park Lane, Maple Ridge on
Wednesday, March 29th at 7pm
for the following purposes:
- To receive the report of the directors and the accounts for the year ended December 31, 2017.
- To approve the operations and programming budget for 2017.
- To approve the new Bylaws in according with the New Societies Act 2017.
- To elect Board Members
All members must be paid up by January 31st, 2017 in order to be in good standing.
Please download NFTRA Membership Form and email form to email@example.com or mail to
PO Box31601, Meadowvale Shopping Centre, Pitt Meadows, V3Y 2G7 .
NFTRA Memberships fees are $25.
Payment can easily be completed by:
- E-transfer $25 to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Bring cash into the office between 9-4pm Mon-Friday
- Mail cheque to: PO Box31601, Meadowvale Shopping Centre, Pitt Meadows, V3Y 2G7
Winter Session has begun! January 3-March 11
*Stay tuned to our Facebook page for any weather related disruptions*
Please dress warm!
North Fraser Therapeutic Riding Association (NFTRA), founded in 1973, provides therapeutic riding & equine programming, horse boarding, and instructor training in Maple Ridge, BC. We offer weekly therapeutic riding lessons to over 110 riders a week with the help of 100 weekly volunteers.
****** We are currently looking for a Saturday Therapeutic Riding Instructor to join us for January 2017. ******
A certificate or diploma from a recognized organization as a therapeutic riding instructor.
Ideal Candidates are:
- Effective interpersonal communicators (written & verbal)
- Able to work independently and cohesively with staff, volunteers, and riders for a focus on cooperation and collaboration
- Able to use judgment & analytical thinking while maintaining confidentiality
- Able to maintain rider records and complete reports to all government agencies as required
- Able to attend new rider assessments, volunteer training, and horse shows as assigned
- Adaptable & flexible in directing volunteers prior and during lessons
- Driven by therapeutic values and ethics that apply to all members of our NFTRA community (people, horses, riders and the environment)
- Ability and willingness to work variable hours – Lessons are between 9am and 7pm Monday – Saturday. Some Volunteer Training sessions are on Sundays or evenings. Horse shows are on weekends.
- Ability and willingness to participate in outreach and fundraising activities
Schedule: We offer Therapeutic Riding Lessons 6 days a week in Maple Ridge BC year round. Instructor shifts are 4-5 hrs, Monday- Saturday. We are also expanding programing with Summer Camps and other equine related programming. We are looking for an instructor to cover 1 or more shifts a week.
Additional Asset Qualifications:
- Experience with equine assisted wellness programs
- Certification in equine or riding programs
- Post secondary education in education, health, fitness, wellness or related field
Conditions of Employment : A criminal record check is required
Interested applicants are invited to submit a resume and cover letters via:
Email or drop off resumes to the NFTRA office (Mon – Fri 9am – 4pm)
Attn: General Manager: email@example.com | NFTRA 13345 Park Lane, Maple Ridge, BC
Mailing Address: North Fraser Therapeutic Riding Association
PO Box 31601 Meadowvale Shopping Centre, Pitt Meadows, BC V3Y 2G7
Thank-you to all applicants, only those applicants who progress to an interview will be contacted.