North Fraser Therapeutic Riding Association (NFTRA), founded in 1973, provides therapeutic riding, equine facilitated wellness, horse boarding, and instructor training in Maple Ridge, BC. We offer weekly therapeutic riding lessons to over 90 riders a week with the help of almost 100 weekly volunteers.
A certificate or diploma from a recognized organization as a therapeutic riding instructor.
Leadership Skills and strong people management skills
Ideal Candidates are:
- Familiar with herd care health and have assessment experience
- Ability to review proposals and control costs
- Ability to promote the interests of NFTRA
- Able to use judgment & analytical thinking while maintaining confidentiality
- Effective interpersonal communicators (written & verbal)
- Able to work independently and cohesively with staff, volunteers, and riders for a focus on cooperation and collaboration
- Able to maintain rider records and complete reports to all government agencies as required
- Able to attend new rider assessments, volunteer trainings, and horse shows as assigned
- Adaptable & flexible in directing volunteers prior and during lessons
- Driven by therapeutic values and ethics that apply to all members of our NFTRA community (people, horses, riders and the environment)
- Ability and willingness to work variable hours – Lessons are between 9am and 6pm Monday – Saturday. Some Rider Assessments/Volunteer Training sessions are on Sundays.
- Ability and willingness to participate in outreach and fundraising activities
Schedule: We offer Therapeutic Riding Lessons 6 days a week in Maple Ridge BC. Instructor shifts are 4.5hrs, Monday- Saturday year round. The Head Instructor will be instructing several shifts a week plus working on admin duties in the office (computer skills required).
Additional Asset Qualifications:
- Experience with equine assisted wellness programs
- Certification in equine or riding programs
- Post secondary education in education, health, fitness, wellness or related field
Conditions of Employment : A criminal record check is required
Interested applicants are invited to submit a resume and cover letter by
Wednesday Aug. 12, 2015
Email or drop off resumes to the NFTRA office (Mon – Fri 9am – 4pm)
Attn: General Manager: email@example.com | NFTRA 13345 Park Lane, Maple Ridge, BC
Mailing Address: North Fraser Therapeutic Riding Association
PO Box 31601 Meadowvale Shopping Centre, Pitt Meadows, BC V3Y 2G7
Thank-you to all applicants, only those applicants who progress to an interview will be contacted.