North Fraser Therapeutic Riding Association (NFTRA), founded in 1973, provides therapeutic riding & equine programming, horse boarding, and instructor training in Maple Ridge, BC. We offer weekly therapeutic riding lessons to over 110 riders a week with the help of 100 weekly volunteers.
****** We are currently looking for a Saturday Therapeutic Riding Instructor to join us for March 2017. ******
A certificate or diploma from a recognized organization as a therapeutic riding instructor.
Ideal Candidates are:
- Effective interpersonal communicators (written & verbal)
- Able to work independently and cohesively with staff, volunteers, and riders for a focus on cooperation and collaboration
- Able to use judgment & analytical thinking while maintaining confidentiality
- Able to maintain rider records and complete reports to all government agencies as required
- Able to attend new rider assessments, volunteer training, and horse shows as assigned
- Adaptable & flexible in directing volunteers prior and during lessons
- Driven by therapeutic values and ethics that apply to all members of our NFTRA community (people, horses, riders and the environment)
- Ability and willingness to work variable hours – Lessons are between 9am and 7pm Monday – Saturday. Some Volunteer Training sessions are on Sundays or evenings. Horse shows are on weekends.
- Ability and willingness to participate in outreach and fundraising activities
Schedule: We offer Therapeutic Riding Lessons 6 days a week in Maple Ridge BC year round. Instructor shifts are 4-5 hrs, Monday- Saturday. We are also expanding programing with Summer Camps and other equine related programming. We are looking for an instructor to cover 1 or more shifts a week.
Additional Asset Qualifications:
- Experience with equine assisted wellness programs
- Certification in equine or riding programs
- Post secondary education in education, health, fitness, wellness or related field
Conditions of Employment : A criminal record check is required
Interested applicants are invited to submit a resume and cover letters via:
Email or drop off resumes to the NFTRA office (Mon – Fri 9am – 4pm)
Attn: General Manager: firstname.lastname@example.org | NFTRA 13345 Park Lane, Maple Ridge, BC
Mailing Address: North Fraser Therapeutic Riding Association
PO Box 31601 Meadowvale Shopping Centre, Pitt Meadows, BC V3Y 2G7
Thank-you to all applicants, only those applicants who progress to an interview will be contacted.