Join our team!
Therapeutic Riding Instructor – Saturdays
Applicant must be certified by either CanTRA or Path Intl at a minimum level of CTRBI or Path Registered Instructor.
Ideal Candidates are:
- Effective interpersonal communicators (written & verbal)
- Able to work independently and cohesively with staff, volunteers, and riders for a focus on cooperation and collaboration
- Confident in their ability to provide safe and effective lessons that foster rider progression
- Confident in coaching and directing program volunteers
- Able to maintain rider records and complete reports to all government agencies as required
- Able to attend new rider assessments, volunteer trainings, horse shows and other special events as assigned
- Able and willing to participate in outreach and fundraising activities
- Driven by therapeutic values and ethics that applies to all members of our NFTRA community (people, horses, riders and the environment)
What we offer:
- 4 Hour teaching shift Saturday afternoons (1:00 pm – 5:00pm)
- A large heard of kind and willing horses and ponies ranging from 12hh to 15.2hh
- A wonderful group of dedicated volunteers
- A supportive management team that includes a CanTRA Coach
- Staff development, mentoring and riding lesson opportunities
- Competitive hourly compensation plus compensation for progress notes and attending Instructor meetings 3-4 times/year
Additional Asset Qualifications:
- Experience with equine facilitated wellness programs
- Certification in equine or riding programs
- Post secondary education in education, health, fitness, wellness other related field
Conditions of Employment:
- A criminal record check is required
- Current certification in Therapeutic Riding
- Current certification in Standard First Aid including CPR.
Interested applicants are invited to submit a resume and cover letter. Only those chosen to be interviewed will be contacted.
Drop off resumes to the NFTRA office (Mon – Fri 9am – 4pm), NFTRA 13345 Park Lane, Maple Ridge, BC
Email resumes Attn: Program Manager: firstname.lastname@example.org
Barn Worker – Weekend Mornings
Our Therapeutic Riding Program located in Maple Ridge BC is looking for Barn Workers. We run 6 days a week from our 17 acres with two barns.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Responsibilities revolve around giving great care to our horses. Duties include feeding, cleaning stalls/paddocks, filling/scrubbing waters, preparing grain/hay, turn in/out & maintaining good communication with our Barn Manager.
- Must be a confident & empathetic horse handler with basic knowledge of horse behavior & equine health.
- Must be able to perform the physical duties of the job and be on-time.
- We’re currently hiring for weekend staff (morning shifts)
- Must be self directed and able to work with little supervision.
Interested applicants are invited to submit a resume by email to email@example.com. Hourly wage starts at minimum.