NFTRA conducts 4 riding sessions of approximately 8-13 weeks each in the fall, winter and spring & summer.
The NFTRA riding program is an extremely beneficial curriculum that helps the riders on many levels from physical to psychological. The joy of interacting with and riding the horses brings a tremendous amount of joy to all involved.
Some of the benefits include:
• Improvement in balance
• Development of coordination
• Strengthening of muscle tone
• Improvement of attention span
• Social integration
• Increased confidence and self-esteem
• Access to recreation, sport and competition
For many of our riders the act of riding the horse provides a very positive effect on the spine and as a result the posture. For the both the young and young at heart the NFTRA riding program offers a unique opportunity to enjoy life a little more.