The Board of NFTRA is pleased to announce that Ghislaine (Jessie) Fraser has accepted the position of Executive Director effective June 5th 2017. Jessie has a great deal of experience as a consultant to many CANTRA and PATH approved facilities in both Canada and the United States as well as experience in the non-profit sector for over 20 years. Most recently, as the Executive Director for the Kiwanis Performing Arts Centre in Dawson Creek. Her past experience includes 13 years as the Executive Director/Head Instructor with Pacific Riding for Developing Abilities, as well as 7 years as Equestrian Program Director with Queen Margaret’s School.
Please join me in welcoming Jessie to the NFTRA team.
We will be closed for the Victoria Day Long weekend May 20th to 22nd
North Fraser Therapeutic Riding Association Maple Ridge BC
North Fraser Therapeutic Riding Association (NFTRA) is a non-profit charitable organizationenriching the lives of children and adults who experience physical, mental, emotional or social challenges by providing safe and professional therapeutic equine Programming. We are an accredited center with Canadian Therapeutic Riding association (CANTRA) providing services to over 90 clients per week.
Job Title: Executive Director
30 hours/week | Pay Range: TBD
Employee Position Details:
NFTRA is seeking a passionate, resourceful individual with demonstrated fundraising skills and non-profit program delivery. A knowledge of horse care, and facility management would be an asset.
Minimum 2 years experience with grant writing and fundraising in a non profit setting required. Strong written, verbal, interpersonal and problem-solving skills including the ability to work with many different people such as donors, volunteers, trustees, vendors and staff. Ability to independently manage projects, budgets and events from concept to completion. An understanding of how to develop strategic goals and define metrics for program areas.
-Experience working with volunteers and volunteer boards.
-Experience in payroll and H.R. is required.
-Proficient at developing and providing compelling presentations to large groups – public
speaking experience helpful.
-Willingness to work evenings/weekends when needed.
-Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office applications, social media and Management software, (CRM), QuickBooks Accounting software.
Please submit your cover letter, resume, and wage expectation to the attention of BOARD
CHAIR at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing Date: May 12, 2017
Please note – We will be closed for the Easter long weekend. No lessons Fri April 14, Sat April 15 & Mon April 17th. Wishing everyone a wonderful weekend!
UPDATE Spring 2017: We are currently full
North Fraser Therapeutic Riding Association (NFTRA), founded in 1973, provides therapeutic riding & equine programming, horse boarding, and instructor training in Maple Ridge, BC. We offer weekly therapeutic riding lessons to over 110 riders a week with the help of 100 weekly volunteers.
****** We are currently looking for a Saturday Therapeutic Riding Instructor to join us for March 2017. ******
A certificate or diploma from a recognized organization as a therapeutic riding instructor.
Ideal Candidates are:
- Effective interpersonal communicators (written & verbal)
- Able to work independently and cohesively with staff, volunteers, and riders for a focus on cooperation and collaboration
- Able to use judgment & analytical thinking while maintaining confidentiality
- Able to maintain rider records and complete reports to all government agencies as required
- Able to attend new rider assessments, volunteer training, and horse shows as assigned
- Adaptable & flexible in directing volunteers prior and during lessons
- Driven by therapeutic values and ethics that apply to all members of our NFTRA community (people, horses, riders and the environment)
- Ability and willingness to work variable hours – Lessons are between 9am and 7pm Monday – Saturday. Some Volunteer Training sessions are on Sundays or evenings. Horse shows are on weekends.
- Ability and willingness to participate in outreach and fundraising activities
Schedule: We offer Therapeutic Riding Lessons 6 days a week in Maple Ridge BC year round. Instructor shifts are 4-5 hrs, Monday- Saturday. We are also expanding programing with Summer Camps and other equine related programming. We are looking for an instructor to cover 1 or more shifts a week.
Additional Asset Qualifications:
- Experience with equine assisted wellness programs
- Certification in equine or riding programs
- Post secondary education in education, health, fitness, wellness or related field
Conditions of Employment : A criminal record check is required
Interested applicants are invited to submit a resume and cover letters via:
Email or drop off resumes to the NFTRA office (Mon – Fri 9am – 4pm)
Attn: General Manager: email@example.com | NFTRA 13345 Park Lane, Maple Ridge, BC
Mailing Address: North Fraser Therapeutic Riding Association
PO Box 31601 Meadowvale Shopping Centre, Pitt Meadows, BC V3Y 2G7
Thank-you to all applicants, only those applicants who progress to an interview will be contacted.
Notice of 2017 Annual General Meeting
Notice is hereby given that the 2017 Annual General Meeting
of the North Fraser Therapeutic Riding Association
will be held at the NFTRA Office
at 13345 Park Lane, Maple Ridge on
Wednesday, March 29th at 7pm
for the following purposes:
- To receive the report of the directors and the accounts for the year ended December 31, 2017.
- To approve the operations and programming budget for 2017.
- To approve the new Bylaws in according with the New Societies Act 2017.
- To elect Board Members